The Benefits of an Online Legal Directory Listing
In digital marketing, one of the most important goals is visibility. You want assurances that the information you make available online is seen, ideally by those prospective clients who would most benefit from (and be able to pay for) your services. One of the most affordable and effective ways to maximize your visibility online is through paid legal directory listings.
What Is a Paid Online Legal Directory Listing?
An online legal directory is a listing of attorneys and/or law firms. As a general rule, online legal directories categorize lawyers and firms both geographically and by practice area. Some directories also rank those listed, based on criteria such as peer reviews, independent research/evaluation, or other factors. While some online legal directories allow attorneys to register at no cost, paid directories typically offer greater opportunities to distinguish a practice. Paid directories are typically quicker to approve than free ones, have better longevity, and don’t require reciprocal links or other information. Free listings may also limit the amount of information you can provide; for example, you may not be able to include all your practice areas.
What Are the Benefits of Listing Your Law Firm in a Paid Online Registry?
Using an online directory can provide a wide range of benefits to help you grow your practice:
- With a directory listing, you can provide the right information that a prospective client needs in a succinct and accessible form. You can quickly apprise a potential client of your practice areas, experience, successful cases, and other professional achievements.
- With paid directory listings, you can usually include as many practice areas as you want. You can also include links to your website, which enhances your search engine optimization, boosts your ranking with the search engines, and improves your online visibility.
- Compared to other forms of digital marketing, paid directory listings are inexpensive.
- Persons visiting an online directory are actively looking for legal representation. Visitors to a law firm’s website may have other motives, including learning more about a legal issue or about an attorney.
- Paid directory listings typically offer the option of online reviews of your services. This can be an effective way to manage your reputation on the internet.
- Even though you pay for the listing, directories are perceived by consumers as credible third-party endorsements, unlike your website, which is clearly understood as a marketing tool for your practice.
Let GetLegal Show You the Power of Online Directory Listings
At GetLegal, we have provided a broad range of digital marketing products and services to lawyers and law firms across the United States for more than two decades. We provide a number of online directory products to meet your needs and your budget. We also offer an extensive selection of tools and strategies to help you build and market a practice online, including website development (with custom content), search engine optimization, reputation management, and social media marketing. Let us work with you to create and implement a unique and effective strategy to make your practice more robust. To learn more, go to GetLegalPracticeBuilder.com or call 1-817-359-7077.