Effectively Using Legal Video Production to Build Your Practice
If you’re looking for a powerful way to improve your online visibility and attract prospective clients for your law practice, consider legal video production. An effective video campaign can bring a wide range of benefits, including:
- Increase traffic and conversion rates among website visitors—If your video ranks highly with search engines, web users will be more inclined to click on it, as opposed to going straight to a website. Then, you can drive them to your website from the video. Having potential clients see your video first allows you to put a face and a voice to your name, which can establish a greater sense of trust and increase the chances that a web visitor will contact you directly.
- Enhance your online reputation—Videos carry a strong message that you are an established and successful firm.
- Quickly build brand awareness—People are more inclined to watch a video than read text on the internet. By ensuring that your name and the name of your firm are prominent in your videos, you’ll find that web visitors remember you.
- Be an authority—With a brief but informative video, you can create the perception that you are a trusted source in your practice area.
Legal Video Production and Online Marketing
If you’re going to mount an effective online video campaign for your law practice, there are a number of concerns you need to address:
- What type of subject matter is best for videos on a law firm website?—How do you best appeal to your prospective market? The answer is pretty straightforward—your content needs to be relevant. It needs to address issues that affect your potential client base. So ask yourself, “What are the types of problems my prospective clients might be facing? What questions might they have?” Don’t try to answer all their questions in a single video, though. Pick a question or concern that you can provide some basic information about in less than two minutes.
- What are the characteristics of good online legal videos?—The best and most effective online videos do a number of things:
- They answer questions and do so quickly—Most web visitors have a relatively short attention span. You don’t need a lengthy introduction to your video. Frame the question and answer it as soon as possible. Don’t get caught up in “what ifs”—they’ll always be there. Deal with those in person.
- They show empathy—Effective videos generate an emotional response—the best way to do that is to communicate to prospective clients that you understand the challenges they are facing.
A Few Legal Concerns When Making an Online Video
The video that you produce will be protectable intellectual property. Though you’ll have immediate copyright protection once your video is filmed, you can also file for federal copyright protection to prevent others from using your content without authorization.
Of course, the opposite holds true as well. You don’t want to include anything in your video that constitutes an infringement of someone else’s protected intellectual property. That includes music, images, or written content. If you want to use copyrighted materials, you will have to clear use with the owner and may have to pay a fee. (There are some instances where your use of protected intellectual property is permitted as “fair use” under the Copyright Act, and with older intellectual property, the term of copyright protection may have expired, meaning the materials are now in the public domain.)
Let GetLegal Help Grow Your Business with Full-Service Video Production
At GetLegal, we have provided comprehensive digital marketing to lawyers and law firms nationwide for more than 20 years. We offer a wide range of products and services to market your practice online and help you bring in new clients. Our video production services include concept development, script preparation, videography, editing, and placement. We also provide full-service website development with customized content and search engine optimization (SEO), as well as directory placements, social media campaigns, and online reputation management. To learn how we can help build your client base, go to GetLegalPracticeBuilder.com or call us at 1-817-359-7077.