Strategies You Can Use in 2022 and Beyond to Increase Your Online Visibility
Digital marketing professionals have long known and observed that video is taking over the internet. In fact, some estimate that by 2023, nearly 90% of online use will involve videos. Here are some of the new ways online marketers are using video to enhance return on investment:
- Short duration videos on social media—A number of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, let users share short videos that fall away in 24 hours (or less). These video “stories” can be viewed on a mobile device, making it easy for potential customers to see them as they scroll through feeds. Because of their short length, viewers are more likely to watch the entire video.
- User-generated content—Many online marketers are veering away from professionally produced video content to home-movie-style video posts, sensing that viewers connect more readily with content they perceive to be more authentic. Much of this user-generated content is unedited smartphone video, with an unscripted feel, so viewers don’t feel like they’re getting the hard sell.
- Video blogs (vlogs)—Vlogging involves regularly posting topical video content, allowing viewers/subscribers to learn more about the person or business creating the vlog.
- Vertically-oriented videos—These videos, shot in the vertical/portrait orientation, rather than the traditional landscape view, are better designed for many handheld devices and typically feel more personal, as they bring in more of the subject’s face.
- Interactive videos, often with built-in shopping features—These videos give the viewer the opportunity to customize their experience based on answers to questions posed or other options. Many allow the viewer to follow a unique path and make a purchase decision.
- Digitally created videos, using virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR)—These types of videos use animation rather than live action to tell a story, inform a website visitor, or provide a shopping opportunity. They can also be interactive.
- Silent videos—Eliminate the hassle of trying to get an online audio mix just right. These videos use graphics and text to supplement images. Their appeal makes sense—more than four out of every five participants in a recent survey said they tend to watch videos with the sound turned off.
- Livestream videos and webinars—As livestreaming technology comes to the masses, it’s becoming an increasingly popular way to reach an online audience.
Let GetLegal Help You Enhance Your Online Video Marketing
At GetLegal, we offer attorneys and law firms nationwide more than 20 years of proven experience in digital marketing. We provide a comprehensive array of online tools to help you connect with and bring in more paying clients, including full website development with custom content and design, video production, search engine optimization, social media campaigns, directory listings, and online reputation management. To learn how we can help you locate potential clients for your practice, go to https://www.getlegalpracticebuilder.com/ or call 1-817-359-7077.