The Benefits of a Video Marketing Campaign | How to Create an Effective Video Marketing Plan
As we've written in earlier articles, video is an integral component of any successful marketing campaign, particularly in the digital world. Some estimates indicate that, within two years, more than 80% of Internet content will be in video form. One study found that a one-minute online video had the same impact as about 1,800,000 words–that’s nearly two million words to communicate the same information as 60 seconds of video.
Still not convinced? Let’s look at some hard data:
- 90% of Internet users find that online videos help them make a decision regarding the purchase of goods or services.
- 57% are more likely to make a purchase after watching a video.
- Studies show an 80% retention rate for material presented in a video. Compare that to a 20% retention rate for printed information and 10% for material that is only heard.
The Proven Benefits of Video Marketing
The rewards of a well-conceived video marketing strategy are numerous:
- You'll enhance your search engine optimization by leaps and bounds–It's common knowledge that websites with video get a boost in Google rankings. In addition, it's easy to create links to your website on a video, so video assists any link-building strategy.
- Your content is more likely to be viewed–One study found that simply using the word "video" in your subject line resulted in a 20% increase in the number of people who opened the e-mail. Statistics also support higher click-through rates for websites with video content.
- Videos draw more attention on social media sites–Branded video content on Facebook and other social media platforms is a sure-fire way to increase clicks and links to your website. Research shows that social media users are 35% more likely to engage with posts that include videos rather than just still images.
- Video is easily accessible and requires less work for your potential clients–There are plenty of platforms for video–YouTube, social media, websites, etc. Watching and listening to a video requires less effort from a viewer than reading paragraphs of content.
- Video has emotional impact–With a video, you can provide multiple sensory input simultaneously, enhancing your message with both auditory (e.g., musical) and visual stimuli.
Steps for Building an Effective Video Marketing Campaign
As with any successful marketing strategy, you should carefully plan before you execute. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you on your way:
- Step One–Know who your target is and what you want to accomplish–Before you can put together a campaign, you need to know who you plan to appeal to–their needs, interests and demographics. What types of questions will they have? What issues are most important to them? What message will resonate most with them? At the same time, you need to know what you want. Do you want organic clients, referrals, or both? How many new clients can you serve effectively in a three-month, six-month or one-year period? How will you respond if the campaign is successful beyond expectations?
- Step Two–Make certain your video message is consistent with your other marketing–According to marketing studies, companies who maintain consistency in messaging and branding are more successful that those that take a shotgun approach.
- Step Three–Formulate a budget that fits–It’s a delicate balance. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to have a successful video marketing campaign, but you need to spend enough money to present the right image and message.
- Step Four–Make certain your videos are optimized for maximum engagement–You’ll want the services of an SEO professional. GetLegal can help.
- Step Five–Put effective metrics in place and use them–You need to know if your campaign is working, but you don't want to wait around for clients to call. Make certain you have the tools to make an early assessment of the effectiveness of your campaign, so that you can make modifications, if necessary.
Contact GetLegal to Start Reaping the Benefits of a Professional Video Marketing Campaign
At GetLegal, we have full video production capabilities, from conception to script preparation to videography and implementation. We'll help you conceive, develop and implement a solid strategy for your video marketing content, and we'll handle all the details to create and launch your video marketing campaign. Call us at 817-359-7077 or use our convenient online form to learn more.