Set Yourself Up As an Authority to Enhance Your Image Online
In the practice of law, there’s probably no more important key to success than creating and maintaining a strong relationship of trust with your clients. The law is often complex and confusing to the layperson. Your clients need to trust that you have the knowledge, skill, and experience to protect their rights. The reality is that trust typically takes some time to establish. You can take steps, though, to create an environment where potential clients are more predisposed to accept you as an authority. One of the most effective ways to do that is through the use of well-produced online videos.
Let’s face it, video is no longer the future of the internet—it’s here now. Consider that YouTube gets more views during primetime than any cable channel. A billion hours of content is viewed on YouTube every day. Each day, the average American watches almost six hours of online video! And statistics indicate that online videos have a positive impact on your bottom line:
- Three of every four business-to-business marketing professionals say that videos improve return on investment.
- Businesses using online video show a 50% increase in revenue over those that do not.
- Businesses employing online videos had increased click-through rates and higher conversion than those that did not.
How Online Video Enhances Trust
It may seem like an oversimplification, but one of the most powerful ways that online video builds trust is by putting a personality to your name in a way that a picture cannot. Your potential clients are, first and foremost, looking for someone who can resolve their legal problems, but they also are looking for a connection. Short of meeting you in person, an online video is the most comprehensive way to build that connection. When website visitors see your face and hear your voice, it makes them feel like they know you.
It’s important, though, to provide valuable information in online videos. If an online visitor believes that he or she has learned something of value from you, it builds trust. If potential clients believe your online videos have value, they’re more likely to share that content with others, extending the reach of your online marketing efforts.
It’s also important to remember that your online videos will be viewed by laypeople, who may have little understanding or knowledge of legal issues. You’ll want to discuss legal topics in language ordinary consumers can understand. And remember you’re not trying to solve a potential client’s problems in a video; you just want to set yourself up as the person who can resolve their legal issues.
That being said, you can create your videos in a range of formats: answering legal questions posed on social media, giving an overview of developments in your practice area, responding to comments on blog posts, or making observations about other online videos on topics in your practice area.
Tips for Creating Effective Online Videos
It’s a delicate balance to create an online video that looks professional without being overproduced. You want to establish a rapport, rather than create a sales pitch. Here are some recommendations for effective online videos that can build trust:
- Keep your videos short and succinct—You won’t necessary build more trust by going into more detail about a topic. If your videos are more than two minutes long, you’ll start to lose viewer interest. Pick a narrow topic and get to the point.
- Pay attention to the lighting—If you have your video professionally shot, the production team should take care of this. However, if you’re trying to do it on your own, you need to make certain there’s enough light, but not too much. You don’t want your face to be in the dark or in the shadows.
- Have a script, but memorize it—A script will give you a road map so you don’t ramble. However, you don’t want to recite directly from it. Write a script and practice it, making changes as necessary.
Contact GetLegal for Comprehensive Online Video Production
At GetLegal, we have decades of experience providing digital marketing services and products to attorney and law firms nationwide. We offer a wide range of products and services, from website development to search engine optimization, from social media campaigns and reputation management to directory listings, customized content, and full video production capabilities. To learn about the ways we can enhance your digital marketing efforts, go to www.getlegal.com or call 1-877-359-7077.