The Benefits and Challenges of Creating Marketing Content with Artificial Intelligence
You don’t have to look far or hard to find many examples of how artificial intelligence, or AI, has changed our lives, in many instances for the better. When was the last time you actually looked at a map? When did you last write a check or even pull out a credit card? When was the last time you talked to a travel agent?
The AI buzz over the last year, though, has been mostly about AI writing, with tools that promise to create intelligible and creative content for an almost endless variety of uses, including online marketing. Is AI the future of content creation? What are the benefits of using artificial intelligence to generate marketing content and what are the limitations?
Why Opt for AI-Written Marketing Content?
Here are the primary reasons many marketers and clients find AI content attractive:
- It can save time—Many of the tools available will generate a piece of content within minutes, if not seconds. A human writer can’t do that. In situations where concepts are simple and errors are unlikely, it can make sense. However, in matters where accuracy is paramount, it’s still essential that anything created by AI be edited or reviewed for accuracy.
- It’s potentially more cost-effective—Again, provided that the content does not need significant review when completed, it will likely be cheaper than paying a human writer for their time. With legal issues, though, you may end up paying more to edit AI content than you would to have a legal writer prepare the draft.
- AI can promote consistency of tone and message—The AI writing tools use algorithms that can ensure uniformity of tone, style, and format in all your marketing.
- It can be personalized for your target audience—This is not technically an advantage of AI…human content writers can do this, too. It simply points out that AI can generate unique content.
What Are the Potential Drawbacks of AI for Law Firm Marketing?
There are some built-in limitations to having content created by a machine:
- It lacks creativity—While AI can personalize content, it lacks the capacity to generate original and creative content. It is inherently limited by the parameters of its algorithm.
- AI can have challenges understanding context—Think about the difficulties that foreign speakers sometimes have understanding American idioms. AI content tools can have some of the same challenges, lacking the tools or experience to understand nuance or subtlety.
- AI is not error-free—Of course, neither are humans. But in the legal profession, where accuracy is essential, AI-generated content can be potentially problematic. When using it for legal marketing, it’s wise to have it reviewed by a human.
- The level of personalization or customization cannot match that of a human being—AI can only customize to the extent that its algorithm is programmed to do so. Accordingly, with two different legal practices in the same market, handling the same legal issues, and looking to reach the same clients, the message (and the content) will likely be very similar.
Let GetLegal Help You Market Your Virtual Law Practice
At GetLegal, we have worked with law firms of all sizes for more than two decades, offering comprehensive advice and expertise with all aspects of law firm marketing. We offer a full range of online tools and strategies to help build your client base, including video production, custom content and design, search engine optimization (SEO), social media campaigns, directory listings, and online reputation management. To learn how we can help you generate more profitable clients for your practice, go to https://www.getlegalpracticebuilder.com/ or call us at 1-877-359-7077.