The holidays are here—a time of giving, when our thoughts turn to ways we can make the lives of others a bit better. This year, why not include your law practice among the recipients of your generosity? Here are a few gifts you can give your business to help ensure a happier and healthier New Year:
1. Give your website a new appearance – It’s not just about the aesthetics of your site, it’s also about usability. Sure, new colors and images will likely catch the eye of visitors, but you need to be make certain the functionality of the site properly responds to how visitors navigate it… and that’s continually in a state of flux. For example, “hamburger” style menus, which pop up after you click on three horizontal stripes, are popular now, particularly with mobile sites, but were roundly condemned by many web gurus just five years ago.
2. Make your web presence more mobile-friendly – Web usage is increasingly mobile, with more than 80% of all Internet use now conducted on handheld devices. Nearly half of Internet users do all their searching on mobile devices. In addition, the cost-per-click, or CPC, for mobile advertising is less than 75% of the CPC for desktop ads. Consider changing your site to take advantage of Google’s accelerated mobile pages (AMP) tool, which offers faster page loading for mobile users, greater adaptability to any browser, a low bounce rate, and better search engine optimization.
3. Implement a plan to regularly post new content online – Content is still king, and fresh content is a key component of online visibility. Develop and implement a plan that includes new and relevant blogs on your website on a regular basis, as well as social posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media outlets.
4. Improve the performance of your online advertising – This is a two-step process. First, conduct a search engine optimization audit to ensure that you’re using the appropriate strategies to maximize online visibility. Just as important, though—make certain that the content on your website and other digital marketing is well-designed to convert visitors to contacts. You need persuasive content that helps potential clients understand how you can help them, where you’re located, and why they should hire you.
5. Protect your online reputation – With an effective online reputation management program, such as GetLegal’s Catalyst tool, you can collect and monitor online reviews from all major social media platforms. Catalyst also lets you highlight positive client reviews and automatically generate new reviews from satisfied clients.
Our Top Initiatives at GetLegal
At GetLegal, we’re always working to develop and provide cutting-edge tools to help you build and market your law practice. Here are the top initiatives we’re currently finalizing:
- Application of the accelerated mobile pages (AMP) technology to all client websites
- Increased visibility for our clients through social media networks
- Application of cutting-edge usability features that respond to how web visitors browse
- Integration of SEO and content to maximize visibility and conversion
- The Legal Café, a free online community with forums for the public, attorneys, law students, and other legal professionals, including paralegals and support staff
GetLegal—Let Us Help You This Holiday Season
At GetLegal, we can help you with all the gifts you should give your practice this holiday season. We can help you give your web presence a new look, enhance your mobile responsiveness, take advantage of fresh content, maximize the performance of your website, and safeguard your online reputation. The best gift for your practice—call GetLegal at 817-359-7030 or contact us online.