To market your law practice in today’s world, it’s no longer a question of whether or not you have an online presence—it’s about how effectively you leverage your website, social media exposure and other digital media. As online marketing continues to evolve, one trend looms above all others—the explosive growth and impact of video as the key component of your online strategy. In fact, industry insiders predict that, within two years, nearly 90 % of all online traffic will include video. A recent study found that nine of every 10 online consumers said that a website video influenced their decision to purchase a product or service and that more than 60 % who watched a website video made a purchase.
The Compelling Case for Video
There are many sound reasons why video should be an integral component of your online presence:
- With your law practice, your primary asset is you — and that’s what people need to see and hear. With video, you can put a face and a voice to your name.
- Video lets you tell a story — Let’s face it: your website is a sales tool, and you are selling yourself. There’s no better way to engage people and sell yourself than by telling a story. It’s a powerful way to create empathy and begin to build a relationship.
- Video keeps visitors on your site for longer periods of time — It’s common knowledge in the marketing world that the longer you can keep a potential client or customer engaged, the better chance you have of closing the sale or converting the prospect to a client. Short, but informative, videos have been shown to keep people on a site as much as 60 % longer than text and pictures. An additional bonus—Google will probably give your site higher placement, as it tends to reward sites where people spend more time.
- Videos are a more effective way to engage mobile users — Though many people will read extensively on a smartphone, it’s not an easy task, even when the site is designed for mobile. A recent survey found that nearly half of the people polled preferred to get information by video rather than by text. Studies also show that video viewing on a mobile device has increased more than five-fold in the past two years.
- Video requires less work for the consumer — You don’t have to be Marshall McLuhan to understand that it’s a more arduous and time-consuming task to read online text than to watch and listen to a video. In today’s fast-paced world, consumers have less time and less energy. With video, you can create a powerful impression in a very short period of time, and with less demand on your potential client.
There is no downside to adding video to your online marketing approach. With Youtube and a number of other easy ways to create and upload video content, you may be inclined to shoot a few simple videos on your own. Remember, though, that you are marketing a professional practice. In addition, it’s important to understand that, with the proliferation of online videos, consumers have become more savvy—they’ll spot a home video in an instant and you’ll be history.
At GetLegal.com, we have years of experience producing high-quality videos that fully integrate with our clients’ online marketing strategy. To learn more about how we can enhance your firm’s online presence in 2018, call us at 877-359-7077 or use our convenient online form.