Why Blogging Makes Good Sense for Your Law Practice
With any marketing effort, it’s about ROI, or return on investment. That includes not just the dollars you spend, but your time as well. With a well-constructed blog campaign, you’ll:
- Get inquiries targeted to your practice – Your blogs are, in many ways, a source of information for potential clients to determine if you have the experience and knowledge to handle their specific legal issue. When you post blogs that address topics related to your primary practice areas, clients can have many preliminary questions answered before they contact you. Instead of asking if you handle a certain legal matter, they’ll know from your blogs that you do. That allows you to move more quickly to their specific concerns.
- Become more visible – It’s not just that a blog will improve your chances of being found in an online search, but that’s one of the key benefits. The more content you have online, and the more specific that content is, the greater your chances of being found in a search. Studies show, however, that people experiencing legal challenges often share their concerns with friends and family members. Blog readers commonly share posts they find with others, looking for affirmation or input.
- Establish a high level of credibility – A well-written blog positions you as a thought leader or expert in your practice area.
- Perform better with search engines – One of the attributes most favored by search engines is dynamic content. If your content never changes, you’re likely to start dropping down in search results. A blog gives your website fresh content with each post.
- Complement your social media marketing strategy – The content on your blog can easily be posted on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media sites.
- Keep yourself current and informed – If you’re posting a regular blog, that typically means that you are paying attention to issues related to your practice areas, or you’re carefully explaining how certain rules or principles of law work. Both practices help keep you at the top of your game.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Attorney Blog
Writing a regular blog takes time, so you want to take the steps to ensure that you get the most benefit for your effort:
- Inform, but don’t advise – A blog is designed to tell prospective clients about a legal subject but not to solve legal problems. You want the prospective client to contact you to resolve their legal issues.
- Write for consumers, not for judges or other lawyers – Keep the language simple and direct and avoid legal jargon. If you have to use it, be careful to explain it.
- Provide an easy way for prospective clients to contact you – both a link to your Contact page and a phone number.
GetLegal Can Help You Mount an Effective Blog Campaign
At GetLegal, we bring decades of online marketing experience to lawyers and law firms nationwide. We offer a wide range of digital marketing services, from the creation and development of custom blogs, website content, videos, design, reputation management, directory assistance and search engine optimization. For more information about how we can help you market your law practice online, call us at 817-359-7077 or use our convenient online form.