Last revised: May 2021
LawConnect, Inc. (collectively, “LawConnect” or “we”), operates the following sites (the “LawConnect Sites” or “Sites”):
The Sites offer legal and/or medical information and news, commentaries, research links, professional directories, marketing services for legal and medical professionals, and video programming. This Agreement applies to these services, plus any other features, content or applications offered from time to time by LawConnect in connection with LawConnect’s business (collectively, the “LawConnect Services” or “Services”). All LawConnect Sites are hosted in the U.S.
In addition to using our Sites and Services, we strongly encourage you to consult an attorney for all serious legal matters or medical conditions, or, if you think you have a medical emergency, to call 911 immediately.
Please read this Agreement and save it. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for your use of the LawConnect Sites or Services. By using the Sites, you agree to be legally bound by this Agreement and all applicable laws. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement and follow all applicable laws, you should leave the Site and discontinue use of the LawConnect Services immediately. Your use of any one or more of the Sites shall indicate your acceptance to this Agreement.
If you submit marketing materials, directory information, or other third-party content for posting on one of the LawConnect Sites, you represent and warrant that:
- You own or otherwise have the right to permit LawConnect to post the Content;
- The posting of such Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other rights of any person or entity; and
- You will pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of any such posted Content.
Your Conduct When Using Our Sites
As a visitor to one of the LawConnect Sites, you agree not to:
- Harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other visitors by electronic or any other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mail or other unsolicited communications;
- Use our Services or Sites in any unlawful manner or in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our Sites;
- Circumvent or modify, attempt to circumvent or modify, or encourage or assist any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software used by LawConnect;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with our Services or Sites;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make publicly available on our Sites any private information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, social security numbers, and credit card numbers;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage, or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- Advertise to or solicit any visitor to buy or sell any products or services through the unauthorized or impermissible use of LawConnect Services;
- Create a false identity through any of our Sites; and
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store, or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of LawConnect, is objectionable or restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Sites or that may expose LawConnect or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
LawConnect reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in LawConnect’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
Posting Your Own Content on the Sites
When you submit your own content for posting on any of our Sites, you authorize and direct us to make copies as we deem necessary to facilitate such posting. By posting your own content, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to LawConnect an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to:
- Use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such content for any purpose — commercial, advertising or otherwise — on or in connection with our Sites;
- Prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content; and
- Grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
You may remove your own content from our Sites at any time. To do so, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to remove your content, the license granted above will automatically expire; however, you acknowledge that LawConnect may retain archived copies of such content.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others — thus, we prohibit uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting on the LawConnect Sites or through our Services any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. If we receive proper notification of an alleged copyright infringement, we will promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material. We also have a policy of terminating the accounts of repeat copyright infringers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you believe that any material on our Sites infringes upon any copyright that you own or license, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our designated copyright agent as specified in our Copyright Policy.
Third-Party Websites and Content
Our Sites contain links to other websites (“Third-Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”). We are not responsible for and we do not investigate, monitor, or check such Third-Party Sites and Third-Party Content for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness.
Thus, if you decide to leave any of our Sites and access Third-Party Sites or to use or install any third-party applications, software, or content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware that our policies and practices no longer govern.
Products and Services Disclaimer
The products and services provided through the LawConnect Sites are provided “as-is,” with no express or implied warranties of merchantability, suitability, or completeness. You use the products and services purchased on our Sites at your own risk.
In no event will: i) LawConnect, its agents, partners, or affiliates, nor ii) the providers, authors, or publishers of any legal materials posted on our Sites, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data or profits; and business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of such materials.
LawConnect is not liable, nor does it provide any express or implied warranties, for any products or services advertised or sold by a third party on any LawConnect Site, unless specifically stated.
Charges, Term, Automatic Renewal, Termination, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
With respect to any products and services purchased from LawConnect on or through the LawConnect Sites (the “Subscription”), and subject to the provisions herein expressed, you hereby understand and agree as follows:
Charges; Refunds. You (“Subscriber”) agree to pay LawConnect the amount charged to your credit card at the time you place your online Subscription order. Once charged and paid, the Subscription fee is non-refundable for all purposes, even if the Subscription is terminated by Subscriber prior to the expiration of the Term, except for the occurrence of a Service Interruption or LC Termination as described below.
Term. The Term of the Subscription begins upon successful processing of your online credit card transaction and shall continue in full force and effect for the period of time you have subscribed to, subject to any automatic renewals and/or early termination as hereinafter described.
Automatic Renewals. Upon expiration of the Term, the Subscription shall be automatically renewed for an additional Term of the same duration as the immediately prior Term, unless timely terminated by Subscriber as set forth below. Upon an automatic renewal, LawConnect is hereby authorized by Subscriber to charge an additional fee to Subscriber’s credit card in the same amount as the subscription fee charged and paid for the immediately preceding Term.
LawConnect Right to Terminate. Notwithstanding the foregoing, LawConnect may terminate the Subscription (“LC Termination”) for any reason by giving written notice to Subscriber at least 30 days prior to termination. In the event LawConnect unilaterally terminates the subscription prior to the expiration of a current Term, LawConnect shall refund a prorated amount of Subscription fees previously paid, relative to the time remaining on the current term.
Subscriber Cancellation. A Subscriber may cancel a Subscription effective at the conclusion of the current Term by giving LawConnect written notice at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the current Term. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Subscriber may cancel a Subscription and obtain a partial refund of the Subscription Fee allocable to the remainder of the current Term in case of a service interruption or other material breach by LawConnect (collectively, a “Service Interruption”) that continues more than thirty days after Subscriber notifies LawConnect in writing of such Service Interruption. Written notices under this paragraph may be served on LawConnect by e-mail to email@example.com.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other LawConnect Site visitors. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and others.
Limitation on Liability
Our Sites and our Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other technical reasons. LawConnect assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, communications between you and other users of our Sites.
LawConnect is not responsible for any third-party technical malfunction or other telephone or computer network, service or equipment problem, or traffic congestion on the Internet, even if such problem results in injury or damage to a person’s computer, mobile device, or other hardware or software.
Under no circumstances will LawConnect or its directors, employees, affiliates or agents be responsible for any loss or damage, including but not limited to any loss or damage to any content — whether your own content, Third-Party Content or content posted on or through our Sites or Services.
In no event will LawConnect or its directors, employees, affiliates or agents be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including for any lost profits or lost data, arising from your use of our Sites or our Services, even if LawConnect is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding the above limitations, LawConnect’s liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of action will be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to LawConnect.
- As may otherwise be provided in specific terms applicable to specific LawConnect products, or Services,
- To the extent that either party has in any manner infringed upon or violated or threatened to infringe upon or violate the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret rights, and
- For disputes or claims relating to any transactions you enter into with a third party (through the LawConnect Sites or elsewhere).
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LawConnect, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with:
- Your own content or any Third-Party Content you post or share on our Sites (including via blogs, chat rooms or message boards),
- Your use of our Services or Sites,
- Your conduct in connection with our Services or Sites,
- Your violation of this Agreement, or
- Your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
Submissions/Postings on Our Sites
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (including information submitted regarding a legal matter) you provide to LawConnect, its partners, or affiliates are not confidential nor subject to either attorney–client privilege or doctor-patient privilege, as applicable, unless otherwise agreed by you and the individual or entity to whom you provide the information.
In addition, please be aware that information contained in any message you submit via any form on our Sites, or via email to any member of our staff, is not confidential. If you wish to keep such information confidential, please do not transmit it via any form on our Sites or by email to any member of our staff.
c/o The Legal Café
114 Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102