Maximize Your Visibility with Backlinks
In the highly competitive market for legal services, you need to keep your eyes open for cost-effective strategies to give you an edge. One of the most powerful ways to do that is through link building, where potential clients are driven to your site through inbound links from other authoritative sources.
What to Consider When Implementing a Link-Building Strategy
To maximize the efficiency and return on investment from your inbound links, you need to carefully assess the sites from which your potential clients will come:
- How authoritative is the site?—The more well-known and respected the owner of the site is, the more the backlink will help your website ranking.
- Is the content on the site relevant to your practice?—Though links from almost any site can boost your profile and ranking, you’ll see better results if your inbound links come from sources related to your practice.
- Is the content on the site well-crafted?—If the content on the site is poorly written, visitors to that site may leave before they get to your link, or they may assume that your content will be of similar quality.
The Best Ways to Build Backlinks to Your Law Firm’s Website
Effective link-building isn’t easy—there’s typically a lot of work involved. But the payoffs can be well worth the effort. Here are some of the most productive strategies for getting the best inbound links to your site:
- Make your site a desirable destination—If you have valuable information on your site, other online entities will want to link to you. It can boost their ratings and position them as thought leaders or authorities. Informative blog posts, in-depth legal guides, and FAQs can all be highly attractive link destinations.
- Market to sites that may want to link to your site—It’s possible that others may take the initiative to link to your site, but you greatly improve that likelihood by contacting other websites and showing them what you offer. Once you’ve shared your content with them, ask for the backlink and offer to do the same for them.
- Write and post a blog for another website—Ask owners of relevant websites if you can write and post an article for their audience and include a link to your own website in the article.
- Set yourself up as a source for the media—Journalists are always looking for authorities to help them with a story. Reach out to bloggers, journalists, and others in the media; help them communicate their stories more clearly; and ask for a backlink in exchange.
- Take advantage of directories—Online directories may be the simplest way to ensure that you are getting more backlinks. Think beyond products that are marketed solely as directories. For example, colleges and universities often have directory listings on their websites.
- Look for unlinked mentions—Another site may make reference to you without linking to your site. You can find these mentions with a Google Alert and can reach out to those other sites and ask for a backlink.
Let GetLegal Help Grow Your Business with Link Building
At GetLegal, we bring more than 20 years of comprehensive experience in digital marketing to lawyers and law firms nationwide. We have an extensive portfolio of products and services to help improve your online visibility and connect with qualified leads, including full-service web development with customized content and search engine optimization, as well as directory placements. We also offer all the tools and resources you need to create effective online videos, manage your online reputation, or mount an effective social media campaign. To learn how we can help build your client base, go to GetLegalPracticeBuilder.com or call us at 1-817-359-7077.