Taking the Right Measures to Maximize Your Online Visibility
For a variety of reasons, from reluctance to be in a crowd during the pandemic to the increasing ease with which consumers can get just about anything online, the past 12 months have seen an explosion in eCommerce and online shopping for goods and services. Though the holiday season may not seem like the most logical time of the year for consumers to seek legal services, there are many people who need quality legal representation around the holidays and many others who find the end of the year a good time to take care of long-avoided legal matters, such as estate planning.
According to statistics, about one in three people who secure the services of an attorney begin the process on the internet, and the percentage is only expected to increase. It’s essential, then, that any strategy to build your legal practice have a significant digital component. Here are some recommendations to help you enhance your client base this holiday season with online marketing:
- Focus on mobile users—Statistics make it clear that, without a mobile strategy, you’ll miss a huge potential client pool:
- About four of every five people who conduct an online search use a mobile device to do it.
- About 40% of all transactions conducted online are done on a mobile device.
- Nearly one in two consumers who have a bad mobile experience will purchase from a competitor.
- Be clear about the services you offer—There are a couple good reasons for this. First, it assures that the people who contact you have legal issues that fit your practice; in other words, you have a better chance of getting the types of cases you want. In addition, the more specific you are, the more time people spend on your webpages, and the more time they spend on your pages, the more likely they are to contact you. (Site visitors view time spent on your pages as an investment and want something in return for that investment.)
- Think like your potential clients—There’s no component more effective in marketing than empathy, and that may be even more true in light of the stress, anxiety, and uncertainty caused by the pandemic. If you can create online content that appeals to the emotions of a potential client, they’re more likely to contact you. Use headers and subheaders that focus on your potential client’s emotional needs and concerns, but strive to make all your content conversational in tone.
- Consider automating some of your online marketing—Certain tools can handle some of your digital marketing tasks for you. For example, you may be able to set up automated bidding on PPC advertising using Microsoft’s Smart Shopping campaigns or a similar approach.
- Start your campaign as early as possible—Christmas seems to start just a little earlier every year. The sooner you have all your digital marketing tools in place for the holidays, the greater your chances of attracting new clients.
Let GetLegal Help You Grow Your Practice This Holiday Season
At GetLegal, we have been leading providers of digital marketing solutions for attorneys and law firms for more than 20 years, providing attorneys nationwide with a broad array of tools to reach new clients online, including website development, search engine optimization, social media campaigns, reputation management, directory listings, full video production capabilities, and fully customized content. Let us help you formulate and implement an effective strategy this holiday season to help increase your client base. To learn more, go to https://www.getlegal.com/ or call 1-817-359-7030.