Studies Show Almost Universal Consideration of Online Reviews by Web Users
The value of online reviews has come a long way, particularly now that there are effective ways to manage your online reputation, such as GetLegal’s Catalyst℠ product. Industry experts anticipate, though, that online reviews will become a critical component of any effective digital marketing campaign in 2020. Consider the simple fact that more than nine of every ten persons purchasing goods or obtaining services online admits to reading online reviews before making a decision. But it’s more than the common acceptance of online reviews as part of the purchase process. Here are some of the key reasons to make management of online reviews a priority this year.
Why Your Online Reviews and Reputation Management Are More Important Than Ever
Okay, let’s admit it… we all feel badly when someone disparages us, whether it’s online or in any other medium. But the importance of monitoring and managing your online reviews goes way beyond the personal impact. Here are some key reasons to pay close attention to your online reviews in 2020:
- Your online reviews are increasingly important for your search engine rankings—In 2017, online reviews were considered the fifth most important driver of SERP (search engine results page) performance, accounting for about 13% of the cumulative ranking score. Though Google’s algorithm is not common knowledge, many industry experts see Google continuing to give more weight to online testimonials and reviews.
- Online reviews help boost your search engine ranking by providing fresh content—It’s long been known that Google and other search engines give weight to sites that regularly add fresh content. Online reviews are a way to get fresh content without having to produce or pay for it. How do you get customers to leave online reviews? The simplest way is just to ask. You can do that in person, or you can set up an e-mail or other communication to automatically go out to clients after services are rendered.
- Online reviews also appeal to search engines because of their content type—The best content for your website is written the way your potential clients speak and write. Generally known as “long-tail keywords” in the digital marketing community, this type of content is more likely to correspond to the terms of a user’s Google search. If some of your content is being written by your existing clients, there’s a greater likelihood it will match the wording used in the Google searches of potential new clients. That gives you a better chance of being found.
- Positive reviews engage potential clients and influence their decision-making—Studies show that most consumers, after reading a positive review, are more likely to contact you by phone or e-mail, or even stop by your office. That gives you the opportunity to meet in person or have a direct conversation, increasing your chances of conversion.
- Reviews have a social character of their own—It’s not just the initial reader of a review who will be impacted. If a potential client encounters a positive review, there’s a good chance that he or she will share that information with others—friends, family members or associates. Positive online reviews can have a networking effect without any additional effort on your part.
GetLegal—Your Source for Effective Online Marketing of Your Legal Practice
At GetLegal, we have decades of experience providing comprehensive digital marketing services and products to attorney and law firms nationwide. We offer a wide range of products and services, from website development to search engine optimization, from social media campaigns and reputation management to directory listings, customized content and full video production capabilities. To take your digital marketing to the next level, go to www.getlegal.com or call 1-817-359-7077.