Current Strategies to Maximize Your Online Visibility
The future is here—AI, or artificial intelligence, is now being used to help marketers and businesses improve their visibility in search engines. What is AI? How is it being used to improve performance online and how can you compete?
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is computer-based technology that seeks to replicate human intelligence or thought processes, such as visual and auditory recognition and decision-making. AI has been in use for some time in:
- GPS, mapping, and navigation
- Autocorrect tools and text editors
- Digital assistants like Alexa and Siri
- Facial recognition
AI also has been the driving force behind many advancements in online search recommendations and results. That’s why your smartphone or computer will suggest results that are consistent with your prior online activity.
Marketers Are Using AI to Automatically Generate SEO-Friendly Content
SEO professionals have long applied AI in connection with targeting search engine algorithms, but AI is now starting to be used by marketing professionals to craft content that performs well with search engines. In a process known as AI writing, artificial intelligence is used to mechanically create written content that appeals to search algorithms. In AI writing, artificial intelligence tools are used to gather information about what types of content perform best and to replicate those types of content automatically. AI writing can be used to generate web pages, social media posts, and even email marketing campaigns.
How to Compete with AI-Written Content
You don’t need to invest in AI technology to continue to rank highly with Google and other search engines. Here are the things you will need to do, though, to maximize your visibility in the age of AI:
- Know and target your audience—Your content will be most effective if it addresses the interests, needs, and concerns of your audience. The more precisely you can define your audience and refer to issues that affect them, the better you’ll perform.
- Make certain your content is unique—It’s one of the things that AI is still not very good at…creativity. AI-written content may touch on all the keywords, but it can’t do that with any individualized personality. Let your content show who you are.
- Include pictures, profiles, and other content to show that you’re human—In the final analysis, people still want to connect with people. Written content can be deceiving, but pictures tell a different story. Let your visitors see the people behind the curtain.
- Update your content on a regular basis—Most AI-driven content is predictable and static. It’s designed to maximize performance in circumstances where the parameters don’t change much. As a result, AI-driven content typically doesn’t change much. You can stand out by simply rewriting the same content from a fresh perspective.
Let GetLegal Help You Perform Well Against AI-Written Content
At GetLegal, we provide a wide range of digital marketing services to lawyers and law firms nationwide, with a broad array of tools to help you strengthen your legal practice, from full-service website development (with custom content and design) and search engine optimization to full video production capability, directory placements, online reputation management tools, and social media campaigns. To take advantage of our 20+ years of experience, visit https://www.getlegalpracticebuilder.com/ or call 1-877-359-7077.