A Guide to Creating Strong Digital Marketing Content
For the life of the internet, content has been king, and that maxim holds true today. To increase your online visibility, to convert website visitors to leads, to build a solid client base digitally, you need compelling content that draws prospective clients in, answers their questions, and convinces them to reach out to you. That doesn’t happen by accident—you need an effective content strategy.
What Is Content Strategy?
A content strategy is a comprehensive plan that integrates a number of different platforms, from the written word to audiovisual material, to help you reach business objectives. That means you need to start by defining your goals… and it’s important to make them realistic. Consistently failing to meet your objectives can demoralize your entire team.
Key Questions to Ask When Formulating Your Content Strategy
To create content that appeals to your ideal audience, you need to consider the falling:
- Who will be reading the content?—Who is your target audience? Do you have more than one? If so, do you need to use different methods for reaching each of them? Will some be more likely to engage with video than text?
- What are the problems your potential lead needs solved?—If you’re marketing legal services, what are the specific types of legal conflicts, disputes, or concerns that your preferred clients face? Create content to cover those topics.
- What makes you different?—Why should an online visitor contact you? Why would somebody hire you? What makes you different from all the other lawyers who practice in your specific discipline? Is it your years of experience? Is it your education or honors you’ve received? Do you have a record of proven results? Are you committed to personal service and attention?
- What are the optimal content formats for your prospective clientele?—If most of your potential clients are younger, video may be a better option, or you may want to focus more on social media marketing. If you’re trying to attract older clients, (e.g., if you handle elder law or estate planning), written content may be more appealing.
- What platforms are best for you to reach potential clients?—Will people come to a website or do you want to focus on YouTube videos? Do you want to appeal to leads across a broader spectrum? Will your prospective clients follow you on Twitter or Facebook? Do you need an Instagram account or to be listed in an online legal directory?
- How will you keep your online content fresh?—If you don’t regularly post new content online, you’ll drop in the search engine rankings. The key question—who’s going to manage the creation and posting of new content? In addition, who’s going to determine what content is posted, as well as where and when it’s posted.
Let GetLegal Help You Design and Implement an Effective Online Marketing Content Strategy
At GetLegal, we provide a wide range of digital marketing services to lawyers and law firms nationwide, with a broad array of tools to help you strengthen your legal practice, including full-service website development (with custom content and design), search engine optimization, full video production capability, directory placements, online reputation management tools, and social media campaigns. To take advantage of our 20+ years of experience, go to https://glpbpro.wpengine.com/ or call 1-817-359-7077.