Ensuring Your Digital Marketing Strategy Is Up-to-Date
To market a law practice and build a client base in today’s world, you must have a digital presence. And to be effective, your online marketing must be fully optimized. Search engine optimization (SEO) is a dynamic and ever-changing process. It takes effort to stay current with SEO developments and keep up with the right tools to maximize your visibility to potential clients. Here are the important trends in search engine optimization in 2022 and looking ahead to 2023:
- Your performance with search engines will be increasingly affected by how well your site is optimized for mobile devices—More than half of all internet searches are already conducted on mobile devices, and estimates are that, by 2025, nearly 3/4 of all queries will be done on mobile devices.
- Voice-conducted search will become the predominant method—Industry watchers believe that, by the end of 2022, the majority of online searches will be conducted using Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa, or other voice technology. To perform well with voice-activated searches, your SEO needs to include keywords and key phrases that are longer and more natural sounding.
- Video will continue to grow in importance—Look for video to be the primary mode of online content within the next five years. An experienced digital marketing professional can help you optimize your video content.
- Images can be optimized, too—An image is more than the picture you see on the screen. The image has a filename and also carries alt tags, which can provide information to search engines. Be certain to fully optimize the images on your site.
- Google will continue to give greater weight to content quality—Google’s algorithm looks for content with a high “EAT” factor—expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. With that in mind, it’s important to understand your potential audience and use formats with which they’re comfortable. Video may be more appealing to a younger audience, whereas written content may appeal to an older one.
- Featured snippets will carry more weight—Snippets are those boxes you see at the top of a search engine results page (SERP). The best way to get your content to appear as a snippet on a SERP is to use a question-and-answer format in your online content.
- More content typically improves search performance—Studies show that longer pages (3,000 or more words) get 3-4 times more traffic than shorter pages. Don’t sacrifice quality, though, for quantity. Adding fluff to your pages won’t enhance your performance with search engines.
- Look for improvements in predictive search—This Google tool evaluates user behavioral patterns and makes recommendations to autocomplete a user’s search engine query.
- Local search will play an even greater role in SEO—Make certain you complete your Google Business Profile and keep it up-to-date.
Let GetLegal Help You Fully Optimize Your Digital Marketing
At GetLegal, we offer attorneys and law firms nationwide more than 20 years of proven experience in digital marketing. We provide a comprehensive array of online tools to help you connect with and bring in more paying clients, from full website development with custom content and design to video production, SEO, social media campaigns, directory listings, and online reputation management. To learn how we can help you find more clients, click here or call us at 1-817-359-7077.