The Benefits of Banner Ads in Law Firm Marketing
What Are Banner Ads? | Different Types of Banner Ads | How to Get the Most Out of Your Banner Ads
When you’re looking for maximum visibility online, it’s difficult to match the power of banner ads. They offer a cost-effective approach that can build brand identity and target a specific audience. In one quarter in 2019, banner ad revenue exceeded $28 billion.
What Is a Banner Ad?
A form of digital display advertising, a banner ad is a form of online marketing that has the effect of a billboard. A banner ad may appear anywhere on a page but is typically found in high-visibility locations, such as the top, bottom, and sides. Banner ads are typically dynamic, with opportunities to click through for more information.
How Do Banner Ads Work?
Banner ads typically work with a “display network,” a group of websites, videos, and apps where the ads may appear. The display network makes your banner ads available on specific digital forums, and you pay a fee to the network every time a user clicks through your ad. Display networks use advanced software to match the placement of ads with the interests of web searchers.
Banner advertising is customarily priced through an auction, with costs varying based on the specific display network you choose, the size of your advertisement, the relevancy and popularity of the website where your ad appears, and the demand for banner ads in your market. There are two common models for pricing banner ads: cost per click, where you pay each time a web visitor clicks on your banner ad; and cost per thousand impressions, where your fee is based on how many times your ad is seen. The more business you can generate and/or the less cost associated with the banner ads, the greater your return on investment (ROI).
How to Get the Most Out of a Banner Ad
There are some basic strategies you can employ to maximize the visibility and effectiveness of a banner ad:
- Always include a call to action—A call to action is something that provides an incentive for a web visitor to click through or contact you. It might be a clickable link that takes the person to your website, or it may be your phone number or email address.
- Be sure to include the name of your firm—The more people see your name, the more they’ll remember it when they need your services. This is fundamental branding.
- Include keywords—Keywords help your banner ads perform well with search engines.
- Make certain your images are professional and well-presented—The first impression with any prospective client is almost always visual. You want images that immediately convey a sense of professionalism and trust.
- Less is generally better—Keep it simple. You don’t need anything more than a compact marketing statement, a powerful image, and a call to action.
Let GetLegal Help You Build Your Client Base with Banner Ads
At GetLegal, we have worked closely with lawyers and law firms nationwide for more than 20 years, providing guidance and start-of-the-art products to help clients maximize ROI on their online marketing. We have an extensive portfolio of digital marketing products, all tailored to meet your specific needs and budget, including full website development (with custom content), search engine optimization, reputation management, directory placements, and social media marketing. Let us work with you to create and implement a unique and effective strategy to make your practice more robust. To learn more, go to https://glpbpro.wpengine.com/ or call 1-817-359-7077.